Elections are coming SOON!
ASID CA Peninsula’s 2013 Slate of Candidates
President-Elect: Anna Harrison, ASID
Communications Director: Michelle Hocker, Allied ASID
Professional Development Director: Sabrina Alfin, Allied ASID
Finance Director: Kit Golson, Allied ASID
For thirty days, we must post the slate of candidates at the chapter office. Instructions on voting will soon be sent to qualified practitioner and industry partner members.
Requested Info from our very popular February 2012 Panel Discussion
CA State Contractor’s Licensing Board Investigator Mark Stewart’s contact info: 408.227.9729, Mark.Stewart@cslb.ca.gov
Sharon’s list of Business Practice Books:
- Alderman, Robert L., HOW TO MAKE MORE MONEY AT INTERIOR DESIGN, Whitney Communications Corp.
- Alderman, Robert L., HOW TO PROSPER AS AN INTERIOR DESIGNER, John Wiley & Sons.
- Darlington, Hank with Cheever, Ellen. KITCHEN AND BATH BUSINESS MANAGEMENT, NKBA, Professional Resource Library, 2006.
- Knackstedt, Mary, THE INTERIOR DESIGN BUSINESS HANDBOOK, John Wiley & Sons.
- Knackstedt, Mary, MARKETING AND SELLING DESIGN SERVICES, THE DESIGNER CLIENT RELATIONSHIP, Von Nostrand Reinhold.
- Piotroswki, Christine, PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE FOR INTERIOR DESIGNERS, John Wiley & Sons.
- Look for several older books by Alan Segal, CPA, which are also very good (1990′s).
Books Richard Morrison, AIA, ASID, recommends:
1) How to Prosper as an Interior Designer, by Robert L. Alderman, Esq. (Also good, but out of print, I believe is “How to Make More Money at Interior Design”, by the same author.)
2) How to Maximize Fees in Professional Service Firms, by Alan Weiss, PhD. (Also good are any of his other books, but the cited one is inexpensive.)
XL Construction Tour LEED PDF
XL Construction kindly forwarded the pdf document that accompanied its LEED presentation. To check it out, please click here
ASID modified its logo to reflect the direction it heads to better serve the public as well as its members.
Check out the videos online at the national website:http://www.asid.org/custom/thebrandstory/index.asp